Sunday, January 15, 2012

Other Great Prepper Plants to Grow

Waay back at the beginning of Farming Salt and Light I wrote a post about some great fruiting trees to plant. The moringa was one of them, and when I found this image today I thought I'd redirect you to the original post.

I'm also trying to get my hubby to perk up the front yard with some roses. I might have convinced him when I pointed out that we can harvest the rose hips from them at the end of the blooming stage for Vitamin C. Since we don't grow many plants high in Vitamin C, he acceded that this may be an acceptable idea.

Just like the pretty oil lamp on the mantle over the fireplace with the wood-burning stove are preps that can pass as decor, plants in the yard can too! Carrots are grassy, showy, clumping plants that many people wouldn't recognize as a food. Decorative cabbage in your yard doesn't have to be merely decorative! Think outside the square-foot box!


We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!

No comments: