To build as sustainable place as I can here in the land I love, although it no longer resembles that land? Where is our Constitution?!
To move overseas, find a place to put down roots? To be a "wealthy" minority (and thus target)?
Here are two good articles addressing the topic. One is called "More Americans Go Abroad for Economic Opportunities" from CNBC. "the percentage of Americans aged 25 to 34 actively planning to relocate outside the U.S. has quintupled in just two years, from less than 1 percent to 5.1 percent."
The other is "What Is The Best Country In The World For Americans To Relocate To In Order To Avoid The Coming Economic Collapse?" It's from an info blog called The Economic Collapse. I used to subscribe to a blog called the Coming Economic Collapse, but it was too overwhelming and I felt impotent to protect myself. Please read the comments on this article; they're respectful and intelligently weigh the choices- not just countries, but the broader questions:
- is one a coward to leave now?
- is one prudent to leave now?
- can the US return to its roots, or will it slide further into a socialist police state?
- if the Constitution no longer stands, am I really "abandoning my country?"
- is any country really safe when the global economy fails?
- will SS retirement and Military retirement continue to pay out?
We are looking at Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Uruguay.
We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!