- get more chocolate
- plant potatoes-DONE!
- get goats
- learn to slaughter chickens-DONE!
- slaughter chickens
- get more hens-DONE!
- get more Mel's Mix
- make more raised beds
- empty storage unit ($100 more month in pocket)-DONE!
- get doubles of essential oils
- take more crap to Goodwill-DONE!
- get more canned milk-DONE!
- get more brown sugar and grits
- get pump backup for well (even if we're renting)
- get more Tattler reusable canning lids
So, not so bad, not so bad... Not even half of the whole list, though. I skipped numbers 7 and 8 when my chickens started harassing my tomatoes. I need to fence in my existing garden. Regarding #10, essential oil doubles, I finished my purchases to now include one of each that I found important, and they are used so slowly I decided to not get duplicates until many other prepping goals are met.
Another of my to-do lists, Continuing Education, Prepper Style, is also in progress. I took the one-day first aid class and was disappointed. Here's the gist of the training:
- secure the safety of the scene
- call 911
- put on personal protective equipment
- wait for more knowledgeable help to arrive.
We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!