Friday, April 15, 2011

Latest Plotting... Bwahaha!


It's been a while since I posted and I wanted to put an idea in your head.

I ordered 2, 6 gallon buckets of dried sliced potatoes from Augason Farms in early March that still haven't come. I've started drying diced potatoes since now "I'm set" for sliced.

I ordered an 84-pack of dehydrated entrees and breakfasts from Wise foods through Jimmy the Screwdriver at Prepare Your Family. He gave me a great price and I'm looking forward to reviewing them here soon. It still hasn't come yet, either, but at least they gave me a water bottle purifier to help the waiting be less painful. At the same time, I ordered 84 4-ounce water packets (a heavy Mylar bag) from Emergency Essentials to reconstitute the meals. I am going to put 8 meals into each of our BOBs. There are 6 of us, so that will be a total of 48 each of meal and water packets. The remaining 3 days (36 meals) and matching water packets will go back into the nice square bucket they came in and be ready for a grab-and-go or share bucket. Anyway the point of all that was that if you're buying dehydrated meals for any reason, you might consider getting water packets to match so that you won't cut into your drinking water to eat. In a situation necessitating eating these meals, you don't want to have to think about it.

The water packets are only $.34 each and with Emergency Essentials decent shipping costs, not bad at all.


We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!

1 comment:

Chief Instructor said...

Genius! I'm a big proponent of homemade Just Add Water meals for my Bug Out and Get Home bags. Having the water pre-allocated with the dry ingredients is a great idea.