Monday, March 7, 2011

Branching out to Essential Oils


I am excited about a new thing I am trying. I trust Preparedness Pro and so I am giving essential oils a try, something she talks about a lot. I am trying Birch oil for my finger joints which are very tender and delicate- I would call it arthritic, but I'm barely 32. I am getting Ravensara oil for my three kids who have a croupy cough. I got my husband a liver cleanse which includes Peppermint and Lemon oils.

They are supposed to come this week and I will be sure to tell you any results we feel!

I decided to try them because I was working on my medical/ first aid/ home care supplies. I am taking the EMT basic course this summer, but I wanted to have a good deal of supplies to take care of the things that can/ sometimes do happen. I felt there was a "hole" in my breathing/ lung/ cold supplies. Cough syrup can only take you so far. We already take vitamin D and vitamin C when we feel any sort of tickle or complaint, and also just prophylactically in the winter. I had read about the abilities of essential oils and they seemed to address many respiratory illnesses, so I thought I'd try them.

We'll see!

We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!

1 comment:

Chief Instructor said...

I've got two herbal book, "Herbal Remedies Handbook" by Chevallier, and "The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook" by Duke.

Both have sections where you look up the ailment, and they give suggestion on which herbs to use. Both also go into different ways to prepare the herbs (decoctions, infusions, tinctures, ointments, etc).