Here are some ways to get a complete protein without eating an actual source of protein, such as beef, chicken, pork, or fish.
- Grains plus legumes.
- Nuts and seeds plus legumes.
- Corn plus legumes.
Here are a few possible combinations.
- Corn and black bean salsa.
- Try whole grain pasta tossed with peas, almonds, and your favorite sauce.
- Whole wheat toast with peanut butter will give you a complete protein.
- Bean soup with whole grain crackers.
- Corn tortillas with refried beans and rice.
- Lentil soup with a serving of almonds on the side.
- Pinto beans in a corn tortilla.
- Beans and rice.
We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!