Monday, April 5, 2010

Parasites and Water Conservation

I had the very unpleasant task of cleaning dog doo out of the treads of a small sneaker today. I was careful... however, I made sure to wash my hands afterward- I remembered as I reached for some leftover Easter candy.

It made me think of a few things. First, how easy it is to get some sort of nasty parasite or bacteria. Man, if you start googling these things it makes you want to wear shoes all the time, plus maybe go to Thailand for some sort of colonic. Blech.

Second, how much more I notice water wastage now that I'm in a prepper mindset. It's so easy to just slam the faucet on to full blast while you suds up your hands or grab the right size pot, or wait for it to get cold.

We should try to conserve water now- and train our kids to do so also. We have the foaming hand soap at our house... after you wash your hands with it, you could rinse off the soap with less than a cup of water.

Full list of all the Dangers of Dog Doo

Nasty pictures and descriptions of common parasites. bleh.

Preparedness Pro's recent post about getting rid of parasites with diatomaceous earth.

Get diatomaceous earth- make sure it's food grade.

We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!



No comments: