Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Weaknesses

I was thinking about the things I'd miss if the trucks couldn't bring stuff to re-stock the shelves at all my stores. Here's what I'd like to have extras of:
  1. COFFEE! I think I'll start getting a bag of whole beans to have in case I use my ground coffee. Beans keep better than grounds.
  2. COFFEE CREAMER! I really like flavored creamer. Since it's all artificial, it keeps pretty well in the fridge. Although I really like the liquid creamer, I bet the other kind isn't too bad. I'll have to get some and try it out. Maybe I'll call the 800 number and ask them if it has to be refrigerated, and what the shelf-life is (of the liquid kind).
  3. BUTTER! I know I can freeze it, but for how long? I should look around craigslist and see if I can find a freezer. Dehydrated butter can be expensive; it's here in all different size cans.
  4. CHEESE! I don't think there's any way to get around always having cheese. I don't want a cow; I might think about a goat- but don't you have to keep having kids to get the milk? I've never had goat cheese either. I like "normal" cheeses like mozarella and cheddar. I guess I could get some cheese powder varieties so I could still have cheesy things.
  5. CHOCOLATE! Gonna have to stock up; no way around it.

We're so pleased you are reading Farming Salt & Light! Choose how you live!

No comments: